POSITION SUMMARY: Works with residents in apartment complexes and site staff to locate resources in the community and refer residents to supportive services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assists residents to determine needs and supportive services.
• Assists residents with coordinating transportation, meals, and homemaker services.
• Researches services available in the community and educate residents on services available.
• Works with local service providers to determine available services in the community and makes referrals.
• Prepares and maintains confidential and secure client files, to include intake forms, referrals, case management plans, and notes.
• Maintains records of program activities with residents for reporting, including data regarding types of services arranged for and received by residents.
• Participates in area aging network and local community groups related to aging.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field required.
• Associates’ degree with significant experience may qualify.
• Two years’ previous work experience with social service delivery with senior citizens and/or people with disabilities.
Hours and Benefits: Part-time; Non-Exempt.
Send resume to:
DCEA Human Resources,
Attn: Service Coordinator,
P.O. Box 1218, Morristown, TN 37816 or email to email@example.com